Our health is literally in our hands. Eating the right kind of food is not just directly proportional to physical health but consequentially mental health too. There are thus no two ways into planning the daily diet meticulously says DavidPaul Doyle Naturwise.
Having a balanced meal is the common goal for most people; it is with the right balance of all nutrients that is considered to be a balanced meal. It consists of the correct amounts of proteins, vitamins, fiber, fat and so and so forth. Unfortunately, very little attention is given to probiotic food items.
How probiotics add to good health
While consumption of the proper kind of food is crucial, what carries more weight is that the food is properly processed and digested by the body so as to be able to use the nutrients of the food optimally by the body. The mention of the word ‘bacteria’ always carried along with it a negative connotation, however, it is a less known fact that is a good kind of bacteria which is an essential part of healthy living.
Probiotics are that good bacteria, opines DavidPaul Doyle Naturwise, that manifest better health for all. These are minute living organisms that are found in fermented food. The following are the ways in which these ‘good bacteria’ help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- The ‘gut’ bacteria already present in the body is given a balance with the inclusion of the probiotics. Often some kind of disease or ailment increases the number of bad bacteria within the body, it is then that it becomes important to include these ‘good’ bacteria to help maintain the balance between the two.
- It is a surprising fact that probiotics help prevent diarrhea. The consumption of antibiotics as a result of some illnesses is rather common and it is even more common consequence is diarrhea. Including probiotics into your eating regime could both prevent diarrhea as well as reduce its intensity when required.
- Studies have shown that the ‘good’ bacteria, such as Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus, are capable of affecting the mental health of an individual positively as well. Medical conditions such as anxiety, autism, depression, or even obsessive-compulsive disorder can be improved with the consumption of probiotic foods or supplements that contain these bacteria types.
- To a certain extent probiotic foods help in maintaining a good level of blood pressure and cholesterol. The probiotics break down the naturally occurring bile of the body and help in the prevention of its reabsorption in the bloodstream as cholesterol.
- Some eczemas and allergies are also reported to have been reduced with the consumption of probiotics in measured quantities, adds DavidPaul Doyle Naturwise.
- Both the digestive and the immune system as well are positively benefitted when one includes probiotics into their eating habits.
Some of the most commonly found probiotic foods include yogurt, kefir (a probiotic milk drink), Sauerkraut (a kind of cabbage), tempeh (a fermented product of soybean, kimchi (a very popular Korean dish), and Miso (a Japanese seasoning).
Probiotics can be found in several other foods and their supplements, thus adding this to one’s daily food regime is the right start to a healthy mind and body.